This report captures data for Housing First tenancies which started in Scotland from 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022.
- A total of 83 new Housing First tenancies started between 1 January and 31 March 2022. A further 11 tenancies had begun between July and December 2021 which had not been captured in previous reports. This brings the total number of Housing First tenancies which started since 1 April 2021 to 318.
- There are currently 310 Housing First tenancies: 8 tenancies have ended.
- 14 tenancies are in the ‘step down’ or ‘stand down’ phase.
- Within the 310 Housing First tenancies there are 318 adults and 18 children. Additionally, 36 households had access to 53 children but do not have full-time custody.
- Between 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022, it has taken an average of 181 days for a Housing First participant to move into a permanent tenancy from the referral date.
- 30% of Housing First participants move into their tenancy within 50 days.
- 94% of Housing First households are single people.
- 43% of participants are aged 35-49.
- 70% of participants are receiving support from the third and independent sector.