Choice. From the housing we want to live in, to the area we want to settle, to the support we want to tap into.
Choice is the core principle that will lead us through the dilemmas and debates about what options are ‘right’ for whom, and in which circumstances. And what options are available, where and how quickly. While continuing to call for and create the options we need.
Choose from a variety of interactive sessions over three days:
- Housing Choice
- Support Choice
- My Choice
You can join us for one theme – each day has been designed as a carefully curated programme in its own right. Or book all three themes across three days and seamlessly connect the experiences and knowledge from each.
We are delighted to announce a keynote from Professor Ruth Chang from the University of Oxford. Professor Chang’s research on choice and decision-making has received international recognition and media coverage.
And we are proud to present:
- Iain Smith, Keegan Smith Solicitors
- Ishbel Smith, Heart in Mouth
- Dr David McCartney, Chair of the Residential Rehabilitation Working Group
- David Pentland, Policy Lead, Scottish Government
- Robin Johnson, founder and Editor of PIElink
- Pat Togher, Assistant Chief Officer, GCHSCP
- James Docherty and Kirsty Giles, Scottish Violence Reduction Unit
- Helen Carlin, Rowan Alba
- Dr Martin Kettle, Glasgow Caledonian University
- Sabir Zazai, Chief Executive of Scottish Refugee Council
- Oliver Towsend, Platfform Wales
- And many more!
Don’t miss the launch of new research on the role of supported housing as a response to homelessness in Scotland. Or the report on a national conversation that asked what progress has been made in the delivery of the Ending Homelessness Together Plan. And we are proud to welcome the launch of the Homelessness Scotland Monitor to this year’s conference, brought to you by Crisis UK.
Keep an eye on the programme for new speakers being added.
We are using virtual event platform ‘Remo‘ to bring you a unique and creative conference experience. Delegates can mix, move table-to-table and network like in real life!