We wanted to let you know that, in line with Scottish Government advice, the Homeless Network Scotland team are changing the way we work from this week.
We have a busy events calendar and will postpone or cancel some dates that you may have in your diary. Some of our events we are determined to deliver – but will be doing this differently, digitally. We have introduced remote working for all staff.
We also want to help you in any way we can.
Would you share information with us about the decisions and responses you have taken to the Coronavirus outbreak, and allow us to share that with others? There are two reasons for this:
- Our membership includes many organisations, like yours, working at the centre of preparations to protect and safeguard the most vulnerable people in our communities across Scotland. We already know how useful swapping notes has been during the early stages of this pandemic. We want to further support that sharing of information in a way that makes it as easy as possible for you.
- We want to highlight the incredible commitment and responses you are enabling, at a time when people are worried about whether enough is being done for those already at a disadvantage, including people in housing crisis. We want to promote organisations like yours, getting on with a difficult job in the most difficult circumstances.
So, for example:
- What are you doing differently because of Coronavirus in terms of the services you deliver or the support you provide?
- Is there anything you, or your organisation, have temporarily stopped doing in response to the outbreak?
- Do you have any stories to share about the way people have responded? A wee photo of teams or individuals going beyond the call of duty would be welcome.
Please send us a few lines – or attach anything you already have prepared if easier and we’ll take it from there.
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
- By phoning on our usual number 0141 420 7272 (this has been diverted to my mobile)
- By sharing your stories on social media and including us @Homelessnetscot on Twitter when you tweet updates and information.
We look forward to hearing from you and being of assistance.
Our kind regards,
Head of Corporate Services