The transition to Rapid Rehousing and Housing First is the driver to redefine the role of supported housing as a response to homelessness in Scotland. Homeless Network Scotland commissioned a significant qualitative research project led by Anna Evans at Indigo House which asked:
- In what circumstances, if any, is shared or supported accommodation the appropriate housing option for households experiencing homelessness?
- What should the shared and supported accommodation options required in these circumstances look like?
- What is the likely scale of such shared and supported accommodation options likely to be in the future?
- How well placed are local authorities and service providers to adopt these housing options at the scale required?
A Research Advisory Group, chaired by Dr Beth Watts, I-SPHERE at Heriot-Watt University, set out a clear policy position. Check back for updates on how this policy direction will be implemented.
- Shared Spaces Policy Position
Policy Position from the Research Advisory Group, October 2021
- Shared Spaces Final Research Report
Research Led by Indigo House, October 2021